By Marshall Garvey
Now that the annual hype train of E3 has settled down enough for everyone to sort through (which we tried our best to do here at LTG), we can get back to the routine gaming news cycle that isn’t bottled up in a mere three days. But just because E3 has ended, doesn’t mean the amount of important news has lapsed accordingly. Here’s just a few of the latest updates in the gaming world in case you missed them. (Except for #2. You already knew that one….)
- Team Fortress 2 just got a huge update, Gun Mettle, that some feel make it more like another member of the Valve family, Counter-Strike.
- Holy corporate malfeasance, Batman! Looks like Warner Bros. knew about the endless litany of bugs that plague the Arkham Knight PC release, but decided to release it anyway.
- Still mourning the loss of Silent Hills and P.T.? Allison Road might just be the game to fill that void in survival horror.
- Ever wanted to play as Dark Souls bosses rather than just fight them? The new Arena mod is just for you.
- An interesting bit about the infamous Xbox 360 “red ring,” and how it changed the console’s brand altogether.
- The Nintendo Playstation, from when Nintendo and Sony tried to team up 25 years ago, has been discovered.